Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long week makes Momma TIRED!

This past week was my first week back in my classroom after having someone else begin the school year with my students and the following eleven weeks. I realized how much I had really missed being in the classroom and working with students with disabilities. I have a new found respect and perspective in working with parents now that I am a mother myself. Though I may not have a child with special needs as their's do, I still feel a connection to the families with which I interact through my career choice.

Today we participated in the Baby Dedication Service at our church by proclaiming our desire to raise our boys to accept Jesus as their Savior. There were also new believers being baptized during the service. Nathan asked why they were in the water and I told him that they decided to have Jesus in their hearts forever. I wasn't sure what his response to this explanation would be or if he would even accept it as truth in his toddler mind. But to my surprise he brought out the biggest smile that I have seen on him. There is much truth in a "childlike faith" because Nathan didn't say "how come?" like he does for every other explanation that I give him now.

No comments: