Tuesday, October 14, 2008

weekend of fun was had by all

on friday morning we left lafayette packed and ready to go to the zoo in indianapolis. we caravaned with the teefey's putting the two yr olds in their car with the daddys and the dvd player while dana and i drove the babies on the fifty minute trip to see the animals. the drive down was wonderful because we were able to chat without constant interruption. then we realized that we weren't exactly sure which street to turn down to get to the zoo. i thought it was washington, but that street is one way so i ended up turning into oncoming traffic while talking to zach about which street to turn on while a metro police officer just watched in his patrol car at the stop light. thankfully he wasn't interested in pulling me over after he saw the shock on my face that i was headed the wrong direction as i hung up on zach. finally at 11am on friday, we found the zoo, parked, and loaded up the stroller. we put both babies in the double stroller thanks to dana's genius idea to use the baby wrap to secure cameron. we made it all over the zoo in one day and enjoyed some awesome pf chang's before heading further south to new albany. we stayed with my dad and step-mom at their house in floyd knobs for the weekend because they have more than enough room and a pack'n'play, which meant one less thing to pack for us.

on saturday morning we met the duke's at harvest homecoming and began our journey through the booths in downtown. i headed straight for the redman's club chicken and dumplings and then topped it off with pumpkin ice cream. nathan had fun making a bookmark at the kids' day event in the big tent by the riverfront and getting temporary tattoos at a church booth. i think he ended up getting four in total. because of the extraordinary heat we left hh earlier than i hoped and went to the duke's to chill, literally. brent ordered some garlic parmesean breadsticks and they were so good. after realizing we were almost out of diapers for nathan, we left duke's to get a package of diapers at walmart. then we returned to hh for a visit with my sister at the tribune booth. during this trip i tried the corn from the boy scout troop, but it was not quite as i hoped, a little undercooked. once nathan got his final two tattoos of the day we went back to my dad's house for dinner that he was making.

sunday morning brought a horrible reaction and full body misery with the onset of a cold virus. nathan went to huber's with papaw and grandma carla to ride a horse, pet goats and llamas, walk the corn maze and rope maze, and purchase pumpkins for both boys. after a nap, i felt much better and was able to sit up to eat lunch. my dad gave us some wonderful news from my brother, but i'm not sure i can share it just yet. the margas took nathan for the evening and brought him back home with them today, so i was able to get cameron's 2 month pictures taken and hang some new draperies that i purchased at 75 percent off the original price.

now that the benadryl is kicking in again my eyes are finally droopy, so i think i'll head to bed now.

No comments: